Movers & Shakers: North East
- David Summerhayes has joined Sintons’ dispute resolution team.
- BHP Law has appointed Dermot Winters as partner and new head of the firm’s corporate & commercial team.
- The Endeavour Partnership has appointed two new partners, Theresa Carling and Martin McKinnell.
- Hempsons has welcomed David Naughten as an associate.
- BHP Law has been joined by lawyer Emily Crick who becomes a member of the family and agricultural teams.
- Two trainees have qualified as solicitors at BHP Law, Melanie Morley and Holly Naylor.
- The Endeavour Partnership has recruited Carly Cornell to join its commercial property team.
- Associate solicitor, Richard Flounders, and solicitor, Kirsty Allen, have joined Jacksons.
- Leah Pattison and Rosie Roof have qualified as solicitors into the corporate team at Watson Burton in Newcastle.
- Sintons has announced a number of new appointments at the firm including Emelie Vardon, Jonny Shevels, Melissa Gill, Daniel Earle, Charlotte Johnston and Ben McMurdo.
- Tinsdills has appointed Helen Jackson as a solicitor in the family department.
- Muckle LLP has promoted Adam Aston to partner in the firm’s construction team.
- Muckle LLP has recruited Sophie Crosby to its construction team.
- Swinburne Maddison has appointed Natalia Lalas as an associate solicitor in the family team.
- Swinburne Maddison has appointed Andrew Allon as a solicitor in the residential property department.
- Sintons has appointed Amy Carlton, Caitlyn Elliott and Jill Galbraith as debt recovery managers.
- David Dewar has joined Winn Solicitors in the new role of head of contested litigation (associate director).
- Clark Willis has appointed Alex Spurr and Alister Jones as partners.
- Muckle LLP has appointed Luke Busbridge to its agriculture, estates and rural property team.
- Jacksons has expanded its property department with the appointment of solicitor Isabelle Edmondson.
- Samuel Phillips Law Firm in Newcastle has welcomed Phil Dean as head of its commercial property team.
- James Godden has joined Newcastle based Clarke Mairs as a partner in the firm’s property litigation team.
- TRUE Solicitors LLP has announced that operations manager Caroline Houghton has been appointed as a partner.
- Hempsons has announced a number of senior promotions. In Newcastle, Steven Wade has been promoted to associate.
- Hay & Kilner has welcomed associate solicitor Kirby Owens to the firm’s commercial property department.
- Sintons has welcomed solicitor Cristina Falzon to its dispute resolution team.
- Muckle LLP has promoted four lawyers to senior roles in its corporate team. Sarah Forster, Adam Rayner and Matthew Walsh have all been promoted to partner.
- Muckle LLP has promoted four lawyers to senior roles in its corporate team. Amy Wanless has been promoted to senior associate.
- Mincoffs has welcomed Jordan Down into its commercial property team as a solicitor, following a successful two-year training contract at the firm.
- Muckle LLP has promoted Leah Heatley to partner in the firm’s dispute resolution team. Heatley has particular experience in the area of public procurement.
- Muckle LLP has appointed associate solicitor Jenny Wade to its commercial team.
- Muckle LLP has promoted Alex Blenkinsop to associate in their disputes resolution team.
- DAC Beachcroft has announced the promotion of 19 new partners. In the Newcastle office Emma Bowens (claims solutions) and Dawn McIntosh (clinical risk) have been promoted. It has also announced the promotion of seven new legal directors. In the Newcastle office Sarah George (employment) and Rachel Gibson (real estate) have been promoted.
- Womble Bond Dickinson has announced a number of partner promotions including Chris Ledgerwood and John Booth in the Newcastle office.
- Tilly Bailey & Irvine has promoted Andrew Beattie to partner. It has also promoted Wendy Beacom to head of private family law.
- Womble Bond Dickinson has made a number of associate promotions including Emma Campbell-Danesh (commercial disputes & regulatory) and Rishi Kohli (projects & procurement) in the Newcastle office.
- Thorntons Solicitors in Dundee has appointed Claire Redmond as senior solicitor in its residential property team.
- Square One Law has appointed two senior associates, Mark Egner and Shaun Reardon-John, and assistant solicitor, Kieran Kelly, to its litigation team.
- Gordon Brown Law Firm LLP has promoted associate solicitor Guy Barr to partner.
- Jill Donabie and Robin Adams have been promoted to partner in Muckle LLP’s education team.
- Square One Law has promoted Ashraf Ali (corporate), Hayley Anderson (litigation) and Rebecca Fielding (employment) to partner.
- Tilly Bailey & Irvine has announced that Laura Fairlie has qualified as a legal executive at the firm.
- Hay & Kilner has appointed Mark Styles as a member of the criminal litigation department based in the Wallsend office.
- The Endeavour Partnership has appointed Lee Bramley as managing partner.
- Hempsons has welcomed partner Alison Oliver to its Newcastle office.
- Ward Hadaway has promoted a number of lawyers across the firm. In the Newcastle office the following have been promoted to associate: Melissa Flynn, Hannah Taylor and Matthew Miller (real estate); Hollie Ball (employment); Andreja Begus Harrison and James Donnelly (healthcare litigation); Vicki Alexander (debt litigation); Lucy Probert, Chris Bowen and David Taylor (commercial).
- Family solicitor Nicola Merson has joined Watson Woodhouse in Darlington.
- Burnetts Solicitors has appointed associate Neil Freeman to its banking team based in Newcastle.
- Sarah Askew has joined the neurotrauma team at Sintons. The firm has also appointed Alex Wilkins as a solicitor in the real estate team.
- Helen Snell has qualified as a solicitor at Punch Robson.
- Gibson & Co has appointed two new partners in the private client team. Chris Sheppard joined the firm in 2016 and is STEP qualified. Meanwhile, Kath Monteith has recently joined the team in the Newcastle office as head of its private client team.
- Samuel Phillips Law Firm has welcomed commercial property solicitor William Jarvis-Smith to the firm.
- Clyde & Co has announced the appointment of Mary Anne Roff as a partner in the firm’s global projects & construction group.
- Sintons has announced the promotion of David Ferguson to partner.
- Womble Bond Dickinson has recruited associate Jonathan Yates to its real estate finance and investment team in Newcastle.
- Irwin Mitchell has made a number of senior appointments. In Newcastle, Laura Gabbey-Cristofini, Laura McIlduff and Phil King (all serious injury) have been promoted to associate and Andrew McGowan (serious injury) has been promoted to senior associate.
- Sintons has announced the promotions of Paul Collingwood, Lewis Couth and Louise Masters to senior associates; whilst Angela Carver has joined the employment team as an associate.
- Watson Burton has appointed Sophie Robertson as a solicitor in its corporate team following the completion of her training contract.
- Laura Richardson has qualified into the property department at Latimer Hinks.
- The Endeavour Partnership has appointed Gareth Jones to its commercial property team and Kelly Kirby to its commercial disputes department.