Movers & Shakers: North West
DLA Piper has announced that asset finance lawyer Rebecca Williams will be joining the firm as a partner in its finance and projects practice.
Browne Jacobson has appointed Christian Dingwall as a partner in the health practice.
Forbes Solicitors has promoted housing specialist Lucie Cocker to partner.
Taylor Rose TTKW has appointed Felicity Marsden as a partner. She advises clients on residential and commercial property as well as private client matters.
Addleshaw Goddard has appointed Jade Chan as a tax associate.
Irwin Mitchell has made a number of senior appointments. In Manchester, Lucy Bazley and Sally Murphy (both court of protection) have been promoted to associate and Kevin Saul and Sharon Williams (both medical negligence) have been promoted to senior associate. At Ascent, Tahir Bashir - head of unsecured servicing - has been promoted to senior associate.
DWF has appointed director Christopher Noel to head the Manchester private capital team.
Browne Jacobson has appointed corporate and competition lawyer Rebecca Hainsworth to its health practice team.
Aaron & Partners has made two appointments to its wills, trusts and tax team: Alison Wright and Paul Caslin.
Oglethorpe Sturton Gillibrand has appointed solicitor Avelina Wright as a member of the agricultural department based in the Kirkby Lonsdale office.
Trowers & Hamlins has announced it has retained ten of their trainees qualifying Spring 2019. Two of the newly qualified solicitors will be based in the firm’s Manchester office. They are: Vikki Cunliffe and Tom Wrigley.
Primas Law is expanding in Manchester with the appointment of newly qualified solicitors Josh McConnell and Shauna Thompson to the real estate team.
DAC Beachcroft has welcomed partner Sally Morris-Smith to its national real estate team. She will be based at the firm’s Manchester office.
Weightmans has appointed Ian Hardman as a partner. He joins the firm’s national environment team in Manchester.
Browne Jacobson has appointed Peter Allen as a corporate partner in the Manchester office.
Lanyon Bowdler has appointed Debbie Humphries as a partner. Humphries joined the firm 20 years ago as a trainee and has worked in the personal injury department since qualifying in 2000.
Butcher & Barlow has welcomed Daniel Woodcock as a commercial property partner.
Weightmans has appointed John-Paul Dennis as an associate. He will head up its wills, trust and estates team in Liverpool.
Fieldings Porter has announced that Amy Settle has been appointed as head of conveyancing. Settle has worked at the firm for 16 years.
Forbes Solicitors has appointed Kat Parkinson as a solicitor in its commercial employment team in the Preston office.
Aaron & Partners has appointed solicitor Katie Hughes-Beddows to its family team on the successful completion of her training contract with the firm.
- Burnetts Solicitors has welcomed four new equity partners to the firm. They are: Helen Hayward, James Johnston, Robbie Mather and Michael Walby. Mather and Hayward are appointed as heads of commercial property.
- Forbes Solicitors has expanded its employment team in to Manchester city centre. The move coincides with partner Emma Swan being appointed as head of commercial employment and partner Ruth Rule-Mullen being appointed as head of public sector employment.
- Brabners LLP has appointed Elspeth Christie as a partner in its construction practice.
- Bermans has welcomed solicitor Simon Taylor as a partner and head of its sport and entertainment team.
- Capsticks has added two new members to its housing management team. Claire Hogan-Clarke and Ian Larkins have joined the team working from the Chorley and Manchester offices.
- Blackpool firm Blackhurst Budd has appointed Sharon Emslie as head of its family law department.
- The Manchester office of Simpson Millar has appointed chartered legal executive Caroline Hurst from Switalskis Solicitors.
- DWF has appointed Jamie Whalebone as head of legal service delivery and transformation, and Jason Macarthur as head of client solutions.
- Eversheds Sutherland has appointed Zia Ullah as head of the corporate crime and investigations group based in the Manchester office.
- Rachel Atherton has joined the commercial team at Napthens as a senior associate solicitor.
- Robert Donlan, a senior associate in the personal injury department at Stephensons, has achieved fellowship status from the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx).
- Birchall Blackburn has welcomed two specialists to the personal injury team. Antonia Riley joins as a serious & catastrophic injury solicitor, whilst Mahima Mahzabin has joined as a personal injury paralegal.
- Almas Patankar has qualified into the tax, trusts and estates department at Chafes Hague Lambert.
- The Manchester office of Clarke Willmott has appointed Paul Davies as a partner and head of its private capital team.
- SAS Daniels has relocated its Chester office from White Friars to Vicar’s Lane.
- Weightmans has appointed employment law specialist Ian Pace as associate in the healthcare team.
- The Manchester office of Leigh Day has appointed Rebecca Ridgeon as a solicitor in its clinical negligence team.
- Hudgell Solicitors has opened an office in Manchester which will be run by senior solicitor and head of travel litigation Paul McClorry.
- Aaron & Partners has appointed Gavin Ball to lead its internal quality and compliance division.
- Nicola Dickinson has been appointed to the board of Thorneycroft Solicitors as director of volume legal services and legal operations.
- Napthens has appointed solicitor Chris Crawley as a member of the commercial property team.