Movers & Shakers: South West
- Ashfords has promoted James Heath to partner in the real estate team in Plymouth
- Willans has announced the promotion of Adam Hale, agricultural law specialist, to partner
- Auxillias, a new specialist legal and compliance firm for the consumer, asset & motor finance sectors providing advisory, consultancy, regulatory and training support, has been launched by Jo Davis and
- Ashfords has expanded its real estate team in Plymouth with the appointment of associate Lola Skuse
- Willans has promoted three members of the team to associate level. Wills, trusts & probate specialists Miranda Hawkes and Tom O’Riordan both become associates, as does residential property lawyer Mary Young.
- Lodders has promoted employment law specialist Faye Reynolds to senior associate
- WSP Solicitors has announced three internal promotions in the residential property conveyancing and private client teams: Lucy McCallum, Kirstie Carr and Robert Selwood
- Veale Wasbrough Vizards (VWV) has welcomed James Shepherd as regional relationship manager
- Michelmores has welcomed employment lawyer Kate Gardner as a partner in the firm’s Exeter office
- Ashfords has appointed Robin de Wreede as a partner in the real estate team based in the Exeter office
- Private client solicitor, Adam Scott has joined Trethowans as a partner
- Ashfords has made a number of senior appointments: Ellie Jack (solicitor, banking & finance team), Hayley Marles (associate, employment team), Lola Skuse (associate, real estate team), Philip Mogridge (consultant, residential property team)
- Dunn & Baker Solicitors has appointed Jasmine Milton as a licensed conveyancer in the residential property team based in Exeter
- Frettens has appointed Anne Albritton as an associate in the lease extension and enfranchisement team and Hannah Faith has joined the team as a paralegal
- Awdry Bailey & Douglas has welcomed Rosanne Pitta-Browning and Gary Robson-Hemmings as new solicitors in the commercial property department.
- Coles Miller Solicitors has welcomed newly-qualified solicitor Carla Jordan on the successful completion of her training contract to the personal injury team
- Trowers & Hamlins has appointed Chris Rundle as head of office in Exeter
- Wards Solicitors has opened a new office in Thornbury
- Stowe Family Law LLP has promoted Jemma Slavin to regional director for the Midlands and South West
- Thomas Harrigan has completed his training at Lester Aldridge and qualified as a solicitor in March 2021. He joins the firm’s litigation & recoveries team.
- Capsticks has made a number of recent appointments in its housing team. Josie Williams has joined the housing and regeneration team as a senior solicitor. Simone Reddington joined the firm’s Winchester office in February 2021.
- Burges Salmon has announced the appointment of five new partners: Victoria Allsopp and Emily Scaife, Richard Binns Emily Robert and Chris Chesterman
- Dutton Gregory has appointed Amanda Watts as a residential property partner and head of the residential property team
- Stone King has appointed Luke Watson as a partner in the dispute resolution & litigation team based in the Bath
- James Braund, a partner in Trethowans’ personal injury and clinical negligence team, has been appointed as vice-president of the Dorset Law Society
- Media, technology and IP firm Wiggin has promoted Patrick Rennie (data privacy) and Seth Roe (employment) to the partnership
- James Wickett, a medical negligence specialist at Davies & Partners, has been promoted to legal director and head of the North Devon office
- Ince Metcalfes has welcomed newly- qualified Amy Nunn to its private client department
- Thrings has announced that seven newly qualified solicitors are joining the firm after completing their training contracts with the firm: Amelia Watson and Lorna Medcraft (both commercial property); Chloe Williams and Matt Cornforth (both corporate); Bethan Hill-Howells and Hannah Jenkins (both family); and Annahita Roohi (commercial dispute resolution)
- Amicus Law has welcomed John Ryan to the conveyancing team
- Ince has promoted eight lawyers to its partnership: In the Bristol office Cherry Stuckey (private client) has been promoted
- Burges Salmon partner Ross Polkinghorne, who leads the firm’s real estate development team in advising developers on complex regeneration projects, has been appointed to a task group on the Net Zero Whole Life Carbon Roadmap
- Property finance specialist, Jessica Church has joined Bevan Brittan’s housing finance team as a partner
- Lindsay Halliwell, family specialist, has been promoted to partner at Steele Raymond
- Blanchards Bailey has made two new partner promotions: Laura Martin, head of family law and Ben Jones, a member of the litigation and disputes team
- Royds Withy King has appointed Mark Stubberfield as its new director of marketing and business development
- Steele Raymond has announced a number of promotions. Associate Joanna Staples (residential property) becomes a senior associate, while Alice Toop (dispute resolution), Michelle Bettell (family), and Rosanna Parker (commercial property) have become associates.
- Stowe Family Law LLP has appointed senior solicitor Amy Langford in the Bristol office
- Blanchards Bailey has made three senior promotions: Lucy Mignot (litigation and disputes) and Catherine Roberts (private client) both become senior associates, whilst Matt Collis (residential property) has been promoted to associate
- Meade King has announced a number of promotions. In the commercial conveyancing department Manjinder Kang has been promoted to senior associate. Meanwhile, in the commercial conveyancing department Rhiannon Evans and Alanna McDonough become associates. In the corporate team Campbell McKellar also becomes an associate.
- Capsticks has announced a number of promotions: in the Winchester office, Louise Wilshire (regulatory) has been promoted to associate