Yorkshire & Humber: Movers & Shakers
- Eversheds Sutherland has made a number of partner promotions including Colin Askew (tax), Louise Lightfoot (employment) and Peter Bowen (operations) in Leeds.
- DLA Piper has promoted a number of lawyers to its partnership... In the firm’s Leeds office Chris Harvey (litigation and regulatory), Ben Peecock (finance and projects) and Ruth Williamson (real estate) have been promoted to partner.
- Addleshaw Goddard has announced the promotion of eight partners across its UK and international offices. In the firm’s Leeds office Joe Maitland (real estate) has been promoted to partner.
- Weightmans restructuring and insolvency team has welcomed James Moore as a partner in the firm’s Leeds office.
- Shulmans has promoted commercial property associate Kieran Wilkinson to partner in the real estate division.
- Stewarts Law has promoted commercial litigator Nick Haworth to partner in its Leeds office.
- Eversheds Sutherland has made a number of promotions to legal director, including Amanda Dodsworth (tax) and Rob Hill (real estate) in Leeds.
- Walker Morris has appointed Sarah Greenwell as a senior associate in its pensions team.
- Wilkinson Woodward has welcomed solicitor Lepe Salam-Pir to its family team in the Halifax office.
- Switalskis Solicitors has welcomed serious injury and traumatic brain injury claims specialist, Ewan Bain, to its Doncaster office.
- Ward Hadaway has promoted Gillian Chinhengo to partner in the firm’s employment team. It has also promoted Simon Thirtle to partner in the firm’s housing team.
- Ware & Kay has announced the appointment of litigation solicitor Johanne Spittle as head of the litigation department and to the board of directors.
- Andrew Jackson has appointed two new partners. Jody Horth and Oliver Hall are based in the Hull and York offices respectively.
- Ward Hadaway has promoted a number of lawyers across the firm. Kate McLean (corporate) has been promoted to associate in the Leeds office.
- Clarion Solicitors has appointed Sarah Buxton as a legal director in its family law practice.
- Wilkinson Woodward has announced the promotion of property specialist Melanie Leadbitter to director.
- Solicitor Amy Jackson has joined Myton Law in the real estate team.
- Patricia Langton, a conveyancing specialist with 25 years’ experience, has joined Eatons Solicitors.
- Haddleton Legal has welcomed specialist commercial and construction lawyer Bob Crampton to the team.
- Shulmans has made a number of associate promotions including Nicky Morgan in the plot sales team and Lindsey Hodges in the firm’s QCAS division, a provider of conveyancing services
- Capsticks has promoted Emma Brecknock to legal director.
- Gateley has appointed Barbara Rollin as a real estate partner in the Leeds office.
- Keebles has appointed Paul Russell as a partner in the commercial property department.
- Ison Harrison has recruited commercial partner Richard Coulthard to lead its corporate division.
- Langleys Solicitors has appointed a number of new partners including James Knowles who is based in the York office and is a private client lawyer.
- Doncaster firm Keebles has appointed senior associate Wendy Martin and solicitor Holly Langman to its commercial property team.
- Berwins Solicitors has made two senior appointments. Dan Snedden has been appointed to head up the Court of Protection team in the private client department. Meanwhile, Charlotte Carroll joins the commercial property unit, having qualified with the firm.
- Taylor & Emmet has appointed solicitor Richard Whiteley to its commercial property team.
- York firm Guest Walker & Co has appointed Rowena Rogers as head of their lifetime planning department, covering all legal aspects of future life planning and management, including wills and probate.
- Addleshaw Goddard has appointed Martin Griffiths as a tax partner based in the Leeds office.
- Shulmans has appointed private client and tax lawyer Julia Rangecroft to its private wealth division based in Leeds.
- Raworths Solicitors has welcomed partner Caroline Hedges to its private client team.
- Guest Walker & Co has appointed Deborah Barton as a director of the business.
- Irwin Mitchell has made a number of senior appointments. In Leeds, Lauren Burrows (commercial), Louise Colledge (employment), Amy Au (litigation), Rebecca Pearey (medical negligence) and have been promoted to associate. Margaret Ryan (medical negligence), Hema Rana (serious injury) and David Lister (family) have been promoted to senior associates. In Sheffield, Katherine Munn (commercial), Yvonne Simpson (litigation), Ben Gildea (real estate), Emma Reid (court of protection), Natalie Smith (court of protection), Charlotte Civico (medical negligence), Rosie Charlton (medical negligence), development co-ordinator Charlotte Faulkner (serious damages unit), client liaison manager Susan Seddon (serious injury), Faith Salih (public law) Mark Clegg (residential property) have been promoted to associate.
- Clarion Solicitors has appointed Mia Branchette as an associate in the property litigation department.
- Lupton Fawcett has appointed two family law specialists. Richard Buckley, who will be based in the Sheffield office, advises on a range of matters including children, divorce and financial proceedings. In the Leeds office, Sophie Arrowsmith handles children’s issues, cohabitation disputes, financial matters and divorce.
- Raworths Solicitors has appointed Annette Thomson to its dispute resolution department as a registered foreign lawyer.
- Former Zermansky and Partners senior partners Judith Glynn and Chris Preston have joined Switalskis Solicitors to head its family department in Leeds.
- Lupton Fawcett has welcomed Fiona Crothers as a newly qualified solicitor having undertaken her training contract with the firm.
- Taylor & Emmet has welcomed Dawn Lowry to its new Rotherham office that opened in January 2019. She joins the family department and provides advice on all aspects of family law.