Fast-growing Cheshire Tech Company
Our client is a fast-growing and innovative tech start-up focused on big data in the automotive sector. The company has developed new and exciting uses for connected car data, and its unique offering has attracted the interest of leading automotive manufacturers and commercial data users. The company is well backed and tipped for huge success.
The General Counsel was looking to expand the legal team using a direct approach; the business’s internal recruitment team posted an online advertisement for the role(s). They had considered some direct applicants but quality, quantity, cultural fit and suitability was mixed.
- Internal recruitment plays a very important role in any business but relying on a direct internal recruitment strategy for a niche role, in this case, an in-house legal position, is slow-moving and businesses risk losing out on securing the best talent. Especially so in a candidate-short market.
- After four weeks, our client’s search remained slow and viable candidates were in short supply.
- After the six week mark, the General Counsel updated BCL Legal and asked us to assist.
- After receiving the initial brief, our consultant made an onsite visit to the company’s head office, and BCL Legal’s in-house legal team immediately reached out to their most suitable contacts. From this, we were able to introduce two credible lawyers to the company.
- BCL Legal is all about relevance and quality instead of quantity. We would rather submit fewer individuals than populate a short-list with unsuitable individuals simply to make up the numbers.
200% success rate
- Of the two lawyers we introduced to our client, both were deemed immensely hireable; in realising this, the business hired both lawyers to join their growing legal team.
Utilising external resource and expertise is essential when navigating the current candidate market; in this climate, if you want to be one step ahead in securing the best and most suitable talent, instructing a legal recruitment agency is the first step. At the crux of it, it’s the strength of a legal recruitment agency’s relationships with lawyers that will get your business over the hiring line. Achieving this level of relationship doesn’t happen in a short amount of time.
We got the candidates we did because Craig took the time to get to know not only the requirements of the business/the role but also a good understanding of what was important to me in building my team. It felt like I was being interviewed and I think I was but that’s exactly the right approach! (General Counsel and Company Secretary)